Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Drabble

The inspiration for this post is brought to you today by the Burrowers, the letter D, and the number 100.

I've never tried anything like this before.  My personal assignment: write a Drabble (a story of exactly 100 words) based on the picture below.  Tomorrow the Burrowers will be posting another picture for a follower writing-challenge, so I thought I would give it a test run.



“Coffee”

You were there before I was awake, but I felt your presence even in my dreams.  You permeated my every pore until I could smell you, feel you, taste you as if you were dancing in my dream yourself.

“Honey?”

I roll over, longing for this sweet fantasy to envelope me again.  I seek your deep caramel beauty in my sleepy yearning. 

“Dear?”

Begrudgingly opening my eyes, I sit up.  I gaze at the white surrounding your intense darkness.  How is it possible that something this sensual is truly mine?

“Honey, here’s your coffee.”

I smile.  Oh, how I love…

6 comments:

Maria said...

love it!

RosieC said...

Thanks! I'm still working on the next one for this weeks challenge. Should be up tomorrow or Tuesday.

Maria said...

it makes me want coffee, and i don't like coffee at all!

RosieC said...

:) success!

Cruella Collett said...

Oh, yay - you wrote a drabble to accompany ours! Love it! (And I am feeling slightly closer to world domination - we have the power of influence! *cackles madly*)

JoseG said...

This is really good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails