Now, I realize there's only so much I can do, but I can attempt to institute some discipline into my blogger-laden life. Here are a few of my ideas on where to start.
- Get up a half-hour earlier and do yoga before class.
- Limit the amount of time I spend on blogger (I'll still be around, though, I promise!)
- Do they job I would get paid for doing if I did it (ah, the joy of freelancing...)
- Read something (that I didn't write) for at least one hour per day
- Don't forsake the trees I brought home with printed versions of the first five chapters of my novel! (I thank them for their sacrifice for the good of YA fantasy)
The last addition to my list:
- Visit the Tibetan monastery on Sundays for their open prayer meetings.
How do you discipline yourself (or not)? Do you have a routine that you must stick to? In the crazy world of jobs and children and spouses and friends and mothers and the whirlpool of chaos, how do you find time to read and write? There must be disciple in that, right?