Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

ACK! Book Overload!

So, this should not be a problem.  It just shouldn't.  I shouldn't have to complain about this at all, but here it is anyway.

I have too much to read.

And it's all stuff I want to read—meaning, it's not for research or homework! :)

*sigh*

1) Eat Pray Love, of course.  I need to keep up with that for my book club obligations.  And I'm loving it even more now that we're into the Pray part.  I'm really interested in her spiritually journey.

2) I still have my copies of Lizard and Kitchen, both by Banana Yoshimoto, from the library.  Lizard is due tomorrow, so I think I'm going to try and get through that tonight (I've already renewed it once).
Update: Already finished Lizard.  Still haven't started Kitchen.

3) Today in the mail I got my copy of Lindsey's Leavitt's Princess for Hire.  What I didn't realize is that I would ALSO get a copy of Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick.  I thought the other winner from that drawing would get it, not me.  How excited was I when I opened the box?!?!

Admittedly, I'm going to wait at least a little bit on Princess for Hire.  I'm going to read it along with my sister-in-law.  It's a YA book (Disney/Hyperion), so it would also be appropriate for my niece.  I think it would be fun for us all to read it together.  But she needs to get the book first :)

4) We got a notice today from the library that The Passage by Justin Cronin is waiting for me.  With all the hype around this book, I just couldn't wait.  I just get giddy for vampires, what can I say?  The problem is that it's 766pp, and since it's so hot and there's a waiting list as long as Rapunzel's hair, I won't be able to renew it.  That's going to be pretty intense, I think.

So there will be more book reviews in my future.  I can't tell you which will come first, but keep an eye out.  And keep your fingers crossed that I get enough sleep and get my homework finished :/

6 comments:

Heather said...

I totally understand too much to read! I have a stack of books a mile high! That's so cool that you won some books. And what a nice surprise to get more than you were expecting!

Lynda Young said...

I feel your "pain". I only wish I could read faster!

Amanda Sablan said...

Heh. I'm reading four books right now (two fiction, two non-fiction) and a fifth coming up tonight! It's fun, though. :]

I've never read anything by Banana Yoshimoto but I read a lot of Japanese fiction so I know that one day I need to check her books out!

RosieC said...

Heather, yeah, it was awesome. Even with my migraine I did a little dance!

Lynda, I'm such a slow reader! I really hope I can get through things without tons of overdue fines :)

I really loved Lizard. It's a collection of short stories, and each of them has its own beautiful charm. I'm really looking forward to Kitchen, too. A friend of mine said it was one of the most influential books in her life. I'm going to see her in August, so I want to read it before then. I would definitely recommend her.

arlee bird said...

I've had that same problem for years--even decades. And it's not just books, but also movies. No way I'll ever catch up.

Lee
Tossing It Out

RosieC said...

Lee, I expect it to be a problem that will never resolve itself. I suppose it's not the most *horrible* life one could lead :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails