Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday Returns

Thank you to everyone who sent well wishes for the weekend, and greetings to those who found me over the weekend.  I have been without internet for close to 60 hours, so forgive me for not replying to each of you individually.  Coming back to an inbox full of comment-love was delightful, and capped an already tremendous weekend.  ;)

The wedding was fantastic, the reception was a hip-happening good time, the drives to and fro were (painfully) long, and I got the best haircut ever while sitting on a loading dock wrapped in pink plastic.  Oh, and we came home with a sampler pack of New Glarus beer (only sold in WI)—if you're ever there (and you drink beer, of course), you must try my new favorite: Fat Squirrel.

Of the entire event, my only complaint would touch on having someone put too much eye makeup on me.  I don't normally wear much, and I swear there was silver going up past my eyebrows.

We barely just arrived back home.  It's late, I'm tired, and only the Fat Squirrel is keeping me going at the moment.  For now I'm going to post a couple of photos for your Sunday evening/Monday morning viewing pleasure.  Back to writing-related work tomorrow.

The winnings from the rehearsal dinner trivia game: Wisconsin cheese curd.  Yum. 
Getting my hair set by an incredibly awesome hairdresser.  She's so awesome she drove to WI from Chicago to do the wedding party's hair... and give delinquent little ol' me a trim.
Ah, direction.
The blue grass accompaniment for the ceremony.
Our camera was a little slow at taking pictures.
Bride, two giggling officiants, groom.
Bridal party. 
Okay, this photo requires a short tale.  When my husband and I got married many years ago, we got a cheap DJ who didn't understand our taste in music.  During the reception, he played O Town's "All or Nothing".  Our two friends serenaded my new husband with the song.  Two years later, one of those two women (in blue here) got married, and my husband and the other friend serenaded her with the same song.  So, last night, the circle closed as the third member of this pop-loving trio was serenaded in her wedding gown... while wearing an alligator hat.

Me and the lovely bride, post-gown.
Me with my hubby.

Another bridesmaid (formally known as the Fuchsia-maid) and I.  She was holding the camera.  I'm not intentionally trying to show you the inside of my nose, I promise.

Wishing you a wonderful week!

14 comments:

KarenG said...

Weddings are awesome! I just finished one with my daughter back in May.

Maria said...

Great pics! So glad you got a good haircut! That's awesome. And I love the purple dress, whoever helped you pick that one out has impeccable style. :)

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I feel like I was there. Glad you had such a great time. Roland

Lynda Young said...

I don't think I could survive 60 hours without internet ;)
It looks like the wedding was great! I love the pics :)
Lyn

Cruella Collett said...

Looks like you had a great time. The hair and dress looks great (shame on you for looking so awesome in someone else's wedding :P), and everyone looks so happy (which I think is the most important goal for any wedding - a happy bride and groom make a happy married couple!).

Also, you should stop by my blog sometime today. There might just be a little something for you there...

Boonsong said...

Lovely post and great photos. Thanks for this.

All the best, Boonsong

RosieC said...

Karen, most weddings are awesome, agreed. This was probably one of the most fun weddings I've been to in a long time.

Maria, gosh I don't know *who* could have such amazing taste!! :)

Roland, then I'm glad you had such a good time, too :)

Lynda, life without internet does not agree with me. I don't think anyone should have to go through it - especially when they don't *know* they're going cold turkey! Glad you like the pics.

Cruella, I had a really great time. The bride was so happy, and since she's one of my dearest friends, I couldn't be anything but happy, too. I'll be hopping by your blog in a little bit, I promise.

Boonsong, thanks. I'm glad you like them.

Jen said...

I'm a new follower and I see that we have several friends in common which begs the question... why haven't I found you sooner?! Lol

You are gorgeous! I love all the pictures and I'm glad you had a good time! I think it's cute that you and your friends now have a tradition of serenading one another at your weddings. That's so special!

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks for sharing the photos - those are awesome! You look fabulous :)

maryvernau said...

Geepers, I live in WI and have never heard of fat squirrel, but must pick some up for my friend, the squirrel whisperer! I only recently found out about spotted cow...clearly, i am not beer drinker. I am still not sure how i got through college in the. North woods without picking up that habit. Great photos!

Amanda Sablan said...

I've never been to a wedding, but I'd like to. I'm sure I'd gain 10 pounds though... xD

Have a great week!

RosieC said...

Jen, welcome! And that's an excellent question which will now be remedied :) And thank you. The serenade was more over-the-top this time since our friend printed lyrics for the entire crowd, so everyone sang along on the chorus. It was pretty frickin' fantastic!

Jemi, thank you! Since I had to get to the hall at 10 for a 5pm wedding, I'd better look decent! LOL

Mary, you should definitely try a couple of the other New Glarus beers. We've had spotted cow a couple of times (mainly courtesy of Nathan), but the sampler pack is pretty great. My obsession with squirrels doesn't hurt my love for the beer!

Amanda, you've *never* been to a wedding? Next time, you should come along :) LOL And you wouldn't gain 10 pounds because you'd be dancing so much after dinner that you come out at least even.

Michelle Leeds said...

Awesome pictures! So much fun. I love the serenade story. Your dress was adorable and you are cute as a button. 60 hours is rough O.O it must be double great to be back! :)

RosieC said...

Michelle, thanks. The serenade is pretty great, even though I've had no involvement in it (beyond photographer). I'm definitely happy to be back in touch, but I'd be happier to be back if I didn't have class :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails