Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Escape

This weekend I'm a bridesmaid for my college roommate.  Pictures will probably abound come Monday, especially since I'll finally be getting a haircut :)

As if I haven't already been delinquent enough in my blogoduties this week, the weekend forecast shows no relief.  Maybe at the hotel on Saturday afternoon before the wedding?  I have no idea what's in store for us—except that haircut.

I'm 20 pages to the end of Eat Pray Love, for those of you who're interested.  I will get my post up by Monday (or may they strike me down!).  Also, an award will show up, since I received one at the beginning of this week and haven't been able to post it.  It's coming.  I haven't forgotten.

As a parting note, I would like to leave you with this, courtesy of PhD Comics (comic #1352).


It doesn't only apply to the PhD, right?

Have a great weekend, folks!

12 comments:

kimberlyloomis said...

Definitely doesn't just apply to working on your PhD. Hope you have fun at the wedding and keep your eye out for that ubiquitous "them". Darn blogger police! ;-)

Maria said...

Have a great time at the wedding. :)

DEZMOND said...

Oh, I hope they've got you a nice bridesmaid's dress :)

Hart Johnson said...

*teehee* Working in academia, I know how that can go... and War & Peace in 6 years is pretty good time...

Have a great time brides-maiding, and we will see you when you get back!

Lisa Gail Green said...

Have fun! I can't wait to see what you think of Eat Pray Love. I've heard varying opinions...

Al said...

No it doesn't apply to a PhD.

It would have taken me an awful lot longer to write war and peace!

Mari said...

Cool comic! I hope you have a great time at the wedding and your dress isn't, hum, bad, heh. Hunting for stories now. :)

Ann Best said...

I just found you on KarenG's (Coming Down the Mountain) blog. My daughter's favorite color is green, so she really likes this. So do I. And I love the quote by Jenny Lewis, and the blog banner. It's stunning. I love finding "young" bloggers. They keep me young! I remember when I was your age, and writing. I'm still writing, and after many decades I'm about to publish a book by WiDo Publishing. So I say to all those younger than me, which is about everyone here in blogger land! Keep writing!

I've heard so much positive about Eat Pray Love that I want to read it. I'll be curious to know what you think about it.
Ann

Vatche said...

Have an awesome time at the wedding and I LOVE the comic! I smiled when I read it! Tolstoy wrote WAR AND PEACE in six years, that's a fun fact to know!

Write on and thank you for following my blog!

Hold my hand: a social worker's blog said...

I just found your blog through another blogging buddy. I enjoyed your post. Congrats on your award, and hope you have fun at the wedding :-))

LOL @ the comic :-D

Doris Plaster

Cruella Collett said...

I love that comic - a friend kept sending me those on Facebook (it also applies to master theses, apparently....).

Hope you're having fun at the wedding! :)

John Smith said...

Hi,

I found you through the Blog Hop. I took a look around and thought that your blog is great! So I decided to follow you. Anyway, check out my blog as well: http://johnsmithbooks.blogspot.com/

Warmest regards,
John Smith (pen name)

Related Posts with Thumbnails