Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Montage

Update from Saturday's Post

Thank you, everyone, for both your empathy with my cyber-struggle and your suggestions.  I've decided to try a system of scheduled visits—though I haven't worked it out yet.  Of course, if I work out my schedule this week it will be interesting to see how well I can keep up with it over the next month with classes ending, two weddings to attend, my mother visiting, and classes starting again.

Bottom line:  I'm not ignoring you!  I'm trying to get my cyber-bum around to visit everyone, but it will be sporadic for a while.

Writing Update

Instead of being a cyber-junky this weekend, I did some hardcore revising of chapters 1–4 (now chapter 1–6).  More will still need to be done, and my notes are quite extensive, but I'm feeling pretty good about it.  Again, thank you to anyone who shared encouragement or sympathy on Thursday's post.  They helped keep my motivation up all weekend, and I'm still going strong this afternoon.

EPL Book Club

I'm a little delinquent in my reading of EPL.  My final book club post will be up by the end of the week (hopefully...)

Last Week's Random Act of Awesome

Well, it's not entirely random.  I've been planning this for a long time.


PS—Don't EVER get a tattoo on your foot unless you're a true masochist.

11 comments:

Jemi Fraser said...

I'm definitely going to try a blog visit schedule in Sept. I've been divvying my blogs up into folders in Google Reader. I've never used it before, but I'm hoping it'll work. Good luck! :)

Tara said...

Hey! Thanks for the follow, of course I'll return the favor! =)

Also, I tagged you in a blog post today so hop on by and check it out if you like. =)

-Tara

Lynda Young said...

Congrats on your writing/editing victory on the weekend. Great work!
I really need to get back to writing...

RaShelle said...

Hey! I love, love your tat!!

Hart Johnson said...

Gorgeous tattoo! What does the Eastern symbol mean?

Good luck with setting yourself on a schedule. Maybe try to work it OUT over the next few weeks, but don't worry about executing it until you are back on a schedule of your own.

And YAY for the editing success!

RosieC said...

Thanks, everyone. I'm really lucky to have found my momentum.

Also, thanks if you love my tattoo. I do, too :)

Hart, the symbol is the Sanskrit Om (or Aum). It's similar to the idea of the Alpha and the Omega--it's everything that God entails and represents it's eternity, something never ending.

Stephanie Thornton said...

That tattoo is beautiful! I wanted one on my foot once, but heard how painful it is. I decided to pass- got my ears pierced again instead.

Michele Emrath said...

I, too, need to set up a blog visit. You joined my blog last week, and this is my first time to stop by! That's pathetic on my part. But I'm glad I did...Beautiful art on your foot.

Thanks for joining Southern City Mysteries!

Michele
SouthernCityMysteries

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site eastforgreeneyes.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Rayna M. Iyer said...

Love the tattoo. How did you come to choose an Om and a lotus? And though few people associate the two together, even in India, there is such a deep connection between the two. Lotus is what Brahma was on when the world was brought to life by the chanting of the word Om

RosieC said...

Rayna, I may have been raised in Western religious traditions, but my soul belongs in the Eastern traditions. I've been teaching myself more about Hindu and Buddhism, and trying to find my way in those directions. The tattoo is a reminder and a push toward my quest.

Related Posts with Thumbnails