Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Slayer, a Vampire, and a Zombie Walk Into a Bar...

Janet Reid's running a contest until about midnight tonight (time zone? not sure).  The entry must be 115 word story beginning with "A monster-slaying governess, a vampire librarian, and a professorial zombie walk into a bar..."

The prizes?


Are we sensing a theme?  Gee, I wonder why all these folks walk into the bar together.

Well, who doesn't love Zombies and Vampires and Slayers, oh my?  So, I thought I'd give it a shot.  I'm not in love with what I wrote, but... *shrug* I had to try.

For your entertainment:


A monster-slaying governess, a vampire librarian, and a professorial zombie walk into a bar, taking a booth by the door.

The governess sipped her wine.  “I can’t allow you to pursue your plan.”

Bored, the librarian stirred her bloody Mary—extra bloody—with the finger skewer, an olive stuck to the nail.

With a slurp of braiña colada, the zombie replied, “Aw, loosen up Janey-baby.  When we work together, we eat half the people.  We’re economizing.”

“I don’t know why you come along,” the librarian said, “when all you do is criticize.”

“It’s my job to protect…”  The slayer slumped over.

“Wow.”  The zombie checked her watch. “That took forever.”

“Let’s get started.”

14 comments:

Michele Emrath said...

What a fun contest! Love your short.

Michele
SouthernCityMysteries

Boonsong said...

Good shot, with plenty of alcohol.... What more could one ask for?

Have a nice day, Boonsong

LTM said...

LOVE it--girl, you're on fire~ ;p

Jules said...

That was too funny. Sunday I try to catch up on DD's (domestic duties) but I'll check out all the entries later.
Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Michelle. said...

two thumbs up... how fun!

Summer Ross said...

Fun! but now I want to know the plan lol thanks for posting

RosieC said...

Thanks, Michele. This was fun.

Boonsong, all good stories need a little extra alcohol :)

LTM, you're gonna give me a big head! Thanks :)

Jules, glad you enjoyed it. I need to make my way over there myself.

Michelle, thanks. I really enjoyed working on it.

Summer, thanks. But if you could imagine an incapacitated slayer, plus a vamp and a zombie in a populated bar on Friday night... well, I'm SURE they're there just to go dancing :) LOL

Roland D. Yeomans said...

You didn't give the name of the bar. It sounds like a place to avoid ... for us normals. Well, I am kinda normal ... for a writer that is.

You did a great job, Roland

Jemi Fraser said...

Love it! Great ending :) I think you've got a good shot!

DEZMOND said...

'tis better than TWILIGHT :))))))

kimberlyloomis said...

That is such a fun contest! Good luck with your entry. I certainly enjoyed it. :)

Lynda Young said...

Haha, I love it. I particularly liked the braiña colada ;) Best of luck for your entry!

Al said...

hahaha. Very funny!

RosieC said...

Roland, ha! Sorry. I'll have to do some further investigating so I can warn the general populace :)

Jemi, thanks. I hope so :)

DEZ, yeah, the only thing that sparkled about this vamp is her personality!

Kimberly, thanks! Glad you did.

Linda, thanks. I enjoyed come up with the drinks (oh, that twisted mind of mine!)

Al, thanks! Glad you liked it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails