Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Tune (#atozchallenge)

Welcome to today's post on the A-to-Z Blogging Challenge. My challenge, as I have chosen to accept it, is thus: I have asked on my Facebook and Twitter accounts for people to contribute random words beginning with today's letter. From Random.org, I have selected one of these words, and will below challenge myself to connect said word to writing.

For the letter T, I received 58 suggestions. Random.org selected number 30: tune.


Tune

Music helps me write. I have an ever-evolving playlist that I consider the soundtrack to my novel(s). Here are a couple of the highlights, in no particular order (links go to YouTube):

Muse
Muse, "Starlight"

The Spice Girls, "Wannabe" (don't ask how that happened)

Paramore, "Conspiracy"

Heartless Bastards
Heartless Bastards, "Had to Go"

Brazilian Girls, "Jique"

Juanes, "A Dios le Pido"


Do you have a soundtrack for your fiction? What songs/artists are on your lists?


I'm taking suggestions today for the letter Z. Have any? Leave them below. Thanks!

8 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

I write my own soundtrack ;o) Happy Easter!

Jemi Fraser said...

I've never done the soundtrack thing, but I listen to music a lot when I'm writing too. I normally put my iTunes on shuffle and see what comes up :)

Z? Hmmm... zephyrs???

Gujjari said...

Let me convey my thanks to visit my blog.

Tune is the life for any song.

Life is peaceful, if it goes like a tune.
Do pass by my blog and if you like, please follow it.

With warm regards
http://mydaughtersdreams.blogspot.com

Wendy G. Ewurum said...

No, but I listen to a whole lot of Jamendo listed artists and lean more towards piano and experimental rock, jazz, etc. I love it

LTM said...

the first book I made a soundtrack for snagged me an agent. Hmmm... I wonder if the two concepts are related. LOL! :D For me it just helped me keep my thoughts straight while working on multiple MSs. <3

Nel said...

The blog is very good!
Congratulations!
http://nelsonsouzza.blogspot.com

Jules said...

I don't have a novel but I have soundtracks for everything I do. You know music to inspire the task. :)

I sure hope these storms are missing you. I've seen more of my basement this week than I have in 2 years :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Laura Josephsen said...

Music definitely helps me write, and the soundtrack varies with what I'm writing. There are certain songs that end up sticking to one character or story, and then I can't listen to that song while writing anything else, because all I can think of is the other story. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails