Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Usual Suspects (#atozchallenge)

PS (in this case, pre-script)--My Mondays and Wednesdays have me running around without good internet access all day until 9pm EST (US). I'll get back to you, but it might be late tonight. 

Today's post is a little different from my other 25 for the A-to-Z Blogging Challenge, because I'm trying to do double duty. I know, I know. Shame on me. Maybe I'm cheating a little, but I don't think so. Maybe it's more like positive time management :)

Anyway, today is U for the A-to-Z Challenge.

It's also the Now Starring... Blogfest.


So, today, I give you my Usual Suspects.

Courtesy of Wiki Commons
Here's my ideal cast of Fighting Fate, my work in progress. These are only the major players for Book 1. Anyone else I'll have to save for another time.

Anabelle Lindsky, played by Emma Roberts
Anabelle, 19, is a lively girl, impulsive and playful. Emma Roberts physically looks the most like how I picture Anabelle in my mind. I'm not positive I've ever seen Roberts on screen, so I can't say much about her acting. She just needs a pair of blue contacts.

Prince Marcus, played by Chace Crawford.
Marcus, 21, has little interest in what the royal family wants from him. He's rebellious, but in his own subtle way. Not only does Crawford look like my ideal Marcus, but his attitude and his acting making me think he'd do well.

Admittedly, it was a toss up between Crawford and Zac Efron, but Crawford won out.

Lily Yasukawa, played by Aya Ueto.
Lily is spunky and nuts, and drives Anabelle to do things she wouldn't do of her own accord. She puts up with not nonsense, and it's in your best interest not to lie to her. She has her ways of making you regret it.

Roger McKilthy, played by Jake Gyllenhaal.
Roger is Marcus's bodyguard. Serious and stoic, and, well, hot. Yup. Roger's muscle and hotness, and I can't think of anyone better than Gyllenhaal to do that. Oh, yeah, he's a good actor, too :)

Betsy Lindsky, played by Charisma Carpenter.
Anabelle's mother is beautiful and spunky. Who better than Carpenter to play that role?

Then again, it's hard for me to think of Carpenter as her own age after habitually watching Buffy. To me, even at 41, she's a HS student! But in my WIP, she'd be playing her actual age.

Queen Renee, played by Helena Bonham Carter.
I think Helena Bonham Carter is so incredibly beautiful, even when she's playing an evil Death Eater. The woman has so much poise and charisma, she would be a perfect Queen. 

Eric and Camilla, Archduke and Archduchess, played by Alan Tudyk and Gina Torres.
They have such great chemistry in Firefly and Serenity, and they both fit the bill physically for my mental image, so I'd love it if they could play my Duke and Duchess, too (just in less cowboy-meets-outer-space-type clothing).

Princess Natalie, played by Summer Glau.
Okay, I never watched the Terminator series. My devotion to Glau comes from all things Joss Whedon. Natalie's character is a little crazy, a lot blunt, and just enough off the mainstream that Glau seemed the perfect fit. Plus, Glau's dance experience could come in handy in Book 2. *wink* 

Lady Zoe, played by Amanda Bynes.
Zoe is blonde, beautiful, and voluptuous. Of all the characters I've listed here, she's about the only one who hasn't changed.












Who would you cast for your novel?

14 comments:

salarsenッ said...

Stellar cast, my dear! Amanda has definitely grown-up. My cast...hmmm, I'll have to think.

Charity Bradford said...

LOVE your cast! You can have Summer Glau for this flick, but I ger her for my faerie wip (still to be finished) :)

Jules said...

Well that is some cast. I guess I'm strange but I never think of actual people for my characters. They merely are new beings in my warped brain :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Ellie said...

OMG. Awesome cast. It includes some face I haven't seen in a while, like Charisma Carpenter. I loved her in Buffy and Angel.

Can't wait to read your book!

The Devil’s Song

Josh Hoyt said...

great post

Angela Scott said...

Great cast. I like my Jake--very nice. Actually, you're cast looks amazing. Oh, and Helena--I love her. she's amazing and would make a great queen for sure.

LTM said...

Hey, funny stuff--Amanda Bynes was who I pictured as the MC for my very very first book! :D And yay, HBC. Love her. Did you see Scre4m? ER did a great job in it, I thought~ <3

Alexis said...

Thanks for taking part in my blogfest! I love Amanda, she has such a great personality! actually I love most of your cast as well, i mean you can't go wrong with Alan, Gina and Summer!

Lindz Pagel said...

Excellent cast of some very attractive people. It's hard to believe Charisma Carpenter is in her 40s. I agree that she'll always be a high school student.
Thanks for participating, and check my blog on Wednesday for the announcement of the winners!

Marie Rearden said...

I love, Love, LOVE your cast! First of all, I'm a complete Amanda Bynes fangirl (I know, weird, but she's awesome), and I would pay quite a bit to look like Charisma Carpenter does at 41. 41?! That's crazy! Thank you so much for the Jake Gyllenhaal yumminess too. ;)

Thanks for sharing!

Marie at the Cheetah

Margo Berendsen said...

Oh I haven't seen Amanda in ages! So glad you picked her for a character - I love her and you don't see enough of her! I love Helen, Chace and Jake, too. Some of the others are new to me but it's been wonderful discovering all these new faces in this blogfest.

Rebecca Dupree said...

"Eric and Camilla, Archduke and Archduchess, played by Alan Tudyk and Gina Torres."

These two actors together would be perfect! (I don't know your project, but I love them!)

Cruella Collett said...

Sounds like it would be one expensive movie, with all the actors you have on board ;)

Loved the cast, though. It's a neat way of picturing your characters, using real (or as real as Hollywood goes) people.

And pre-script is now my new favourite term :D

Carol Riggs said...

Fascinating line-up! Very interesting to see how you've envisioned your characters. :) I can totally see most of them in that novel!

Related Posts with Thumbnails