Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Mambo by Moonlight (#atozchallenge)

Today I'm doing something a little different for the A-to-Z Challenge. In addition to this being my M post, I've also joined up for Wendy Tyler Ryan's Blogiversary Blogfest, arranged around the letter M.





The rules are simple:  50-500 word scene or flash fiction with a dark feel (whatever dark means to you - your interpretation - get creative or literal, it doesn't matter).  But, - isn't there always a but?  You must use all of the following 'M' words in your piece, but don't just pack 'em in there, it should make sense.  You should treat it like any other piece of writing you do because there will be so many new friends reading.  Thrill us with your skill and adept flair:

mist(y)
mambo
moon
musk(y)
mongrel
myth

And so, without further ado, I give you my short contribution.


Mambo by Moonlight

Dance, you mongrel! Dance beneath the stars. Dance like you need to, as if lust drives your arms, your feet, your hips.

I don’t care if you’re tired. Want to test me? I’ll show you how well I wield my whip.

Your mambo this evening is our hope made reality. You were handpicked from many for curve of your flank, the smooth character of your flesh. Our myths and legends tell us you will save our world, our lifestyle, if only this one night you would dance for us beneath the moon.

So would you just shut up and dance already! Look like you care. Pretend you want to use your musky body to lure us to you, bring us closer in lustful mambo seduction. Ignore any knowledge you have of what happens once the mambo ends.

Oh, the mist is clearing. The moon shines bright. Watch as the heavens open and our Redeemer comes forth. Oh, accept our sacrifice, great Redeemer! For we love and cherish your protection.

And don’t worry, mongrel. Our Redeemer’s teeth are sharp. It’ll only hurt for a moment.


Any comments are welcome. Thanks for reading!


I'm taking suggestions today for the letter T. Have any? Leave them below. Thanks!

18 comments:

salarsenッ said...

I love challenges like this. Wish I would have known. You did a marvelous job. i love the voice. Don't think I'll be messing with you anytime soon. lol

Katie Mills said...

oooh creepy! Me likes! I love your title too- I dunno why but the word 'Mambo' makes me smile...

Summer Ross said...

Love the last line!

Lets see the letter "T"

you could write a flash piece with the words "trance" "taint" and "tempt"

Heather M. Gardner said...

Good job! 'It'll only hurt for a moment.'
Love that line!
Thanks for sharing.
HMG

MJ said...

Loved the last line! Great job!

TheyCallMeVarmit said...

this post was great, especially the last line.

I really like your blog, so I want to give you an award I am to pass on, the Versatile Blogger Award. You can either go here ( http://books-old-and-new.blogspot.com/2011/04/awards-are-cool.html ), or click on my name to go to my blog, to accept, if you choose to do so.

Wendy Tyler Ryan said...

Very Cool. Great feel and relentless taskmaster too.

Thanks for entering the fest!

Siv Maria said...

Wow some great lines here, so what happens next?

Marjorie said...

Ouch! Poor person.

Carrie said...

Wow. Great use of all these M words today. Cool story.

Francine Howarth said...

Hi,

Nice piece: plenty of atmosphere via narrator voice! ;)

best
F

Marsha A. Moore said...

Wow! Loved the twist ending. Well done!

Jeanne said...

Great job. I love the last line. It says it all. Creepy and fascinating at the same time. Nice job.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Fantastic voice in this entry. Powerful and seductive.... Well done, Rosie.

Josh Hoyt said...

Great job this was an interesting read. Good job on the use of the words.

Wendy G. Ewurum said...

I look forward to reading your story once I finish mine Rosie, I don't want your darkness looming over mine LOL

gemsandrhinestones said...

Good writing. T...well I'm still far behind on the challenge so I'm not much help. Good to 'meet' you.
Gems x

Theresa Milstein said...

Agh, what a horrifying ending! Poor mongrel.

You clearly had fun with it. A fun read!

Related Posts with Thumbnails