Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wine (#atozchallenge)

Welcome to today's post on the A-to-Z Blogging Challenge. My challenge, as I have chosen to accept it, is thus: I have asked on my Facebook and Twitter accounts for people to contribute random words beginning with today's letter. From Random.org, I have selected one of these words, and will below challenge myself to connect said word to writing.

For the letter W, I received 51 suggestions. Random.org selected number 4: wine.


Wine

So, let me be honest. This challenge has me WIPED OUT. Given the way I designed the challenge for myself, too, it's bee rough.

So, forgive me when I say, I've got NO inspiration as to what to write about in relation to wine.

Wine and I have a tortured relationship. My favorite wine of all is nice, dry red, like a Rioja or sharp Cabernet. But then I discovered that I got migraines from red wine. So I switched to white wine. Come to find out, sweet white also gives me migraines. Then I tried to drink only dry white wine.

Well, guess what happened.

Now, Rosie gets no more wine. Surprised?

When Random.org selected "wine" for this post, I thought I'd be inspired. But then again, if my inspiration previously came from wine, and now I can't drink it anymore, it's not surprising that I can't think of a single way to connect wine to writing with some clever twist.

Where does your inspiration come from? Has there been a source of inspiration that you've lost? What do you do to find the inspiration again?

8 comments:

Jules said...

We can always go back to "M" and share a martini :) Inspiration I think is something April and May take from us. I just haven't felt inspired to do anything but sit amongst the cobwebs in the basement :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Jan Morrison said...

ah well, wine. wine, women and song. I'm with you on the headaches so I don't drink it too much. On the other hand, vodka doesn't seem to bother me so...
You don't need to worry -you've been plenty inspired - so you have one day when you're not. You could connect it by saying that somedays not even the wine of the gods could inspire you and then you know you need to refresh and refrain from trying - refill the Well.
Jan Morrison

Marjorie said...

I sometimes get migraines from wine too. I understand how you feel. I like wine but can't drink certain kinds. :-(

Cold As Heaven said...

Not very fond of wine, I prefer beer >:)

Cold As Heaven

Holly Ruggiero said...

Wiped is a pretty good W post too. By it's almost overs. :)

Trisha said...

Yeah, I'm wiped out by this challenge too. It's nearly over though!! PHhhhheeew!

Tamara D Hanson said...

I prefer M for Margaritta. :) I feel your pain. I'm in the homes stretch and just started thinking about whats next. :)

J.L. Campbell said...

Non alcoholic wine maybe will work for you? But I guess that's not for everyone.

I can't seem to acquire a taste for anything other than Port.

Related Posts with Thumbnails