Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Flunk Day

Hi folks.

Facebook is a wonderful thing. I woke up this morning and found from the official Knox College page that it's Flunk Day.

What is Flunk Day, you ask? Well, I pulled this from the Knox College website:

"Flunk Day. A campus-wide surprise party marks the arrival of spring for Knox students. The party's date, and even the identities of its organizers, is kept secret until the early morning, when the entire campus is awakened by the shouts of students running through campus and the ringing of the Old Main bell. All classes are cancelled--and exam dates and paper deadlines postponed--for a day of music, games, food, and fun."

Courtesy of Knox.edu
Flunk Day was such a treat to look forward to when I was an undergrad *cough*  years ago. I still look forward to it now. Granted, I don't get to play on the moonwalk thing (it's early and I can't think of the right words), or play in the senior-faculty softball game, or dance to the DJ at 8 AM, but I still make sure I can take off some time to enjoy myself.

So, today, after my Welsh oral exam and a little bit of work, I'm coming home, relaxing, and I'm going to give myself some extra time to write.

How can you celebrate Flunk Day today? What can you do that's just for you?

5 comments:

Jules said...

And a much deserved rest after this last month. Why can't you dance to the DJ @ 8am? Is it because you rode that mechanical bull thing first?! :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

D. U. Okonkwo said...

Flunk Day - how funny! Well today is Bank Holiday in England and Wales, so that's my own special kind o flunk day! :o)

LTM said...

what a fun tradition! I love it. And here I was nervous for a second... I was thinking you might've not done so well in class. :D shew!

Carrie said...

Happy Flunk Day! I went to Coe College and we had Flunk Day there too. I wrote about it in my Q post. May 3rd is the 100th Anniversary of Coe's Flunk Day. Hope you have a good day.

Marjorie said...

Flunk day sounds pretty cool. Though I don't know how I'd feel about it these days. I actually enjoy my classes so much I don't even enjoy spring break!

Related Posts with Thumbnails