Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Where'd the Mojo Go?

First, remember to sign up for the What's the Score Blogfest for June 1st. List songs you'd like to be in the soundtrack to your WIP, and win prizes just for participating. Click above or on the right for more details.
_____________________

Mojo Jojo, from "The Powerpuff Girls"
Courtesy of Wiki Commons
My mojo's disappeared. My muses have left the building. And the more I hunt, the more avoidy it all gets.

Maybe Mojo Jojo stole it!

No, I can't blame him. This isn't a new development. This started during April. I thought, well, I'm concentrating on my blogging for A to Z, and I had to finish my classes and some freelance work. So I let myself take a break.

Bad idea.

Nine Muses dancing with Apollo, by Baldassare Peruzzi
Courtesy of Wiki Commons
I'm trying to find the mojo again. It's hard to get the ball rolling. I want to dance with the muses and find my way back into my work. And I think I'll be much happier when I can.

How do you get the muses to start dancing for you again? What do you do when the mojo eludes you?

12 comments:

Angela Felsted said...

Writing a poem helps me sometimes. Because it's short and less intimidating. Not that it isn't hard.

Wendy G. Ewurum said...

I'm holding thumbs, they must come back soonest.

Natasha Hanova said...

Music helps. So does free flow writing.

I've tried chocolate, too. But that was mostly for me.

Hope Muse comes back to you soon.

Carol Riggs said...

Yeah, I'd go for the free flow writing, or a writing exercise. Like trying to write a scene with your present characters that has nothing to do with your novel. Just to get to know your characters. Or interview your characters. Just so you're writing SOMEthing. Good luck!! ;o)

D. U. Okonkwo said...

Oh I hear you, but all is not lost. I've often found that by reading work by others, listening to music or simply spending an hour or so on something else can bring your mojo back.

It's often just a sign that you need some time out for whatever reason, so take a break.

KO: The Insect Collector said...

I miss MojoJojo. Loved the PPGirls.

I think sometimes it's okay to take a break. Sometimes you need it.
If I'm not feeling inspired, I write out of order. Maybe the scene that's "next" isn't doing it for me. I skip around and write what I want to write. I guess it's the equivalent of having dessert before dinner?
Anyway- it gets me back in the groove.

Holly Ruggiero said...

I recently went though that. For the most part I waited it out. Then I sat down and said just a few words. If I can do that I'll be happy. Then the next day I did the same thing. It seems to be working.

Jules said...

Sweetie, you need a girls night out! Play hard to get and make them come to you. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

LTM said...

don't dwell on it. This happened to me around March when all the move and stuff hit. I was feeling overwhelmed, and right at the time I'd had this great idea for a sequel.

It all just stopped.

And now it's back. Just be cool. Do something else. It'll come back. :o) <3

Trisha said...

Take a break...watch some mindless TV...have a glass of wine :)

manda said...

Thank you, Your writing has helped me,,
i like this blog,,
By Diet Solution Program

Title Loans said...

I think my Mojo was stolen by Jojo, too. Everyone seems to be in a bit of a slump that I've heard, so don't feel alone. I don't know how I'm going to get out of it, but at the moment I'm just kind of taking it a day at the time.

Sara

Related Posts with Thumbnails