Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Changes, Constants, and the Big Announcement

Anyone know what happened to Blogger over the past few days? I suppose that’s what I get for delaying my announcement.

So, as some of your may know, I just finished my time in graduate school. Hurray! I’ve decided to move on to other things—like writing (plus a part-time gig)—to while away the hours. For a while it didn’t look possible, but my husband was offered a pretty nice new job with his shiny new PhD. We’ll be moving in August, though just across town. My life is full of changes right now, though they’re all for the better.

But I’ve got one consistent thing in my life… okay, yeah, I’ve got TONS of them, considering we’re not moving to South Dakota or Peru or something. But, when it comes to the relevance of this blog, I have something that’s strongly consistent.

The blog itself.

May 31st marks my one-year blogiversary!


And you know me. I HAVE to celebrate. What does that mean?

BLOGFEST :)


To celebrate, I’m hosting the What’s the Score Blogfest.


On June 1st, post any number of songs, artists, composers, posers, who/whatever that you might want to include in the soundtrack to your WIP. YOU’RE IN CHARGE! You make the soundtrack the way you want it.

Don’t have a WIP? Is your WIP’s soundtrack personal and not something you want to share? No problem! Take your favorite book, or the book your reading right now, or a book you remember well, and make a soundtrack for it.

Want to enter? The Linky List is at the bottom of the page.

Are you thinking, “Meh. Too much work?” Can I add a little incentive?

No celebration is complete without prizes, right?

Prizes:
  • Every person who participates is automatically entered to win either a $20 AMAZON GIFT CARD.
  • Every person who participates is automatically entered to win a BOOK OF HIS/HER CHOICE from Amazon.
  • Anyone who WANTS to have their name added to win either a CHAPTER CRITIQUE or a QUERY CRITIQUE, just let me know in a comment ON THIS POST.

Odds of winning?

Honestly, I have no idea, and I’m horrible at statistics, so I can’t really answer that.

HOWEVER, would you like a better chance to win?
  • +1 participating
  • +2 current follower (as of 5/13/11) / +1 new follower
  • +1 for Tweeting (max. 3; include @rosieanabelle in your Tweet)
  • +1 for Facebook post (please provide a link)
  • +3 for adding the graphic to your sidebar (please provide a link)
  • +5 for posting about it (please provide a link)

That’s a total maximum of 15 points. Talk about increasing your odds!

Well, I hope the announcement was worth the wait, especially with Blogger being funny. Hope to see you on June 1!

14 comments:

Charity Bradford said...

Awesome idea Rosie! Funny thing is that I started creating "soundtracks" on grooveshark this week. Perfect!

participating
current follower
picture in sidebar and brief summary in "Things I need to remember" in sidebar. (Don't know if that counts as posting)
Tweeting when I get off of here

So 7?

Charity Bradford said...

Oops, forgot, I would love a chapter or query critique. :D

Margo Lerwill said...

The blogfest sounds like great fun. I'm in, but I won't sign up until I know if my new blog will be up by then. :)

Alexis said...

Congrats! This blogfest sounds like so much fun! I’ve wanted to do a post on soundtracks for a while so I’ll just hold off for a bit. Old follower and I put the image up at the top of my side bar (http://alexisfittinger.blogspot.com/) so +6. ^.^ also i could love a chapter critique.

Alexis said...

also I bloged about it here (http://alexisfittinger.blogspot.com/2011/05/keeping-your-head-space.html) so +7

Trisha said...

Sounds like great fun! Will add it to my Blogfests page :D

Jules said...

YEEHAW!!! Way to go on all the changes. Big congrats for the one year and anything with music I'm up for. :)

BTW, just got my blogger back.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

LTM said...

ooo! Very cool!!! I actually have started a new WIP and I've got TWO songs that hit me just right as I was thinking about it.

fun fun fun fun...

(no, Friday's not one. ;o) <3

Medeia Sharif said...

Congrats on your blogiversary! I'm going to tweet this.

Wendy G. Ewurum said...

I'm joining to learn to make a sound track...lol

Summer Ross said...

I'm adding this to my blogfest tab!

Amy said...

This is a great idea! I usually make a soundtrack to listen to as I write. :)

Jenni Merritt said...

Very awesome! I have been meaning to post my playlist forever... now I have a kick in the butt to do it!

I am now following you, and tweeted about this too. So... 3 points? :)

Sarah said...

Such a cool idea for a blogfest! I'm new to the blogfest idea, but this one was really fun. Thanks for hosting it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails