So, as some of your may know, I just finished my time in graduate school. Hurray! I’ve decided to move on to other things—like writing (plus a part-time gig)—to while away the hours. For a while it didn’t look possible, but my husband was offered a pretty nice new job with his shiny new PhD. We’ll be moving in August, though just across town. My life is full of changes right now, though they’re all for the better.
But I’ve got one consistent thing in my life… okay, yeah, I’ve got TONS of them, considering we’re not moving to South Dakota or Peru or something. But, when it comes to the relevance of this blog, I have something that’s strongly consistent.
The blog itself.
May 31st marks my one-year blogiversary!
And you know me. I HAVE to celebrate. What does that mean?
To celebrate, I’m hosting the What’s the Score Blogfest.
On June 1st, post any number of songs, artists, composers, posers, who/whatever that you might want to include in the soundtrack to your WIP. YOU’RE IN CHARGE! You make the soundtrack the way you want it.
Don’t have a WIP? Is your WIP’s soundtrack personal and not something you want to share? No problem! Take your favorite book, or the book your reading right now, or a book you remember well, and make a soundtrack for it.
Want to enter? The Linky List is at the bottom of the page.
Are you thinking, “Meh. Too much work?” Can I add a little incentive?
No celebration is complete without prizes, right?
- Every person who participates is automatically entered to win either a $20 AMAZON GIFT CARD.
- Every person who participates is automatically entered to win a BOOK OF HIS/HER CHOICE from Amazon.
- Anyone who WANTS to have their name added to win either a CHAPTER CRITIQUE or a QUERY CRITIQUE, just let me know in a comment ON THIS POST.
Odds of winning?
Honestly, I have no idea, and I’m horrible at statistics, so I can’t really answer that.
HOWEVER, would you like a better chance to win?
- +1 participating
- +2 current follower (as of 5/13/11) / +1 new follower
- +1 for Tweeting (max. 3; include @rosieanabelle in your Tweet)
- +1 for Facebook post (please provide a link)
- +3 for adding the graphic to your sidebar (please provide a link)
- +5 for posting about it (please provide a link)
That’s a total maximum of 15 points. Talk about increasing your odds!
Well, I hope the announcement was worth the wait, especially with Blogger being funny. Hope to see you on June 1!