Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Whew!

This past week has flown by, and unfortunately, I'm just now starting to get my life back together. My husband's parents and my mother stayed with us for several days, and we don't exactly have a large house. Add to that graduation festivities (for my hubs, not me), a new job offer, and then lots of Irish jigs that spontaneously came out of my feet, and, well, it all equals one tired Rosie.

So, with that in mind, the Big Announcement will occur on Friday. Monday is the Laughter is the Best Medicine Blogfest, hosted by Leigh T. Moore and Lydia Kang. Then Wednesday I will announce all those awesome awards.

In other news, I just saw that Lindsey Leavitt's new book, THE ROYAL TREATMENT, was released over the weekend. It's the sequel to PRINCESS FOR HIRE, which I had the honor to win from her blog last summer. It's a great, totally fun MG story.

The other thing I learned from Lindsey's blog this morning is that a bookfair has been set up by BN. ANYTHING you buy this week from BN, if you use the code #10486058 at ANY Barnes and Noble store or at bn.com, 10% of your purchase will go towards The United Way of Western Alabama for tornado relief. If we raise $2500, that percentage goes up to 15%.

Help spread the word, and go buy a book.

Catch you on Friday for the Big Announcement. :)

9 comments:

D. U. Okonkwo said...

Wow, a busy week indeed! But it sounds like it's been fun, and I love being busy.

Love the pic you used in this post, and yep, it's all about buying books :o)

Pk Hrezo said...

Oooo... how exciting! A big announcement!! See you for the blogfest on Monday! :)

Angela Felsted said...

That's awesome. Now I have a charitable "reason" to go to BN.

Jules said...

So you can't jig like you use to, huh?! :)

It's still nice to see "East for Green Eyes" pop up in my reader.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Trisha said...

Big announcements are awesome!!

Auto Title Loans said...

My mom has a BN Nook which she just got, so I will pass that code onto her because she's been stocking up on e-books. It's such a good cause, I'm glad that someone is doing something!
Ava

Cold As Heaven said...

That's a cool theme for a blogfest. Maybe I can make it even on a short notice.

Parents and in-laws visiting at the same time can be quite a challenge, I think.

Cold As Heaven

LTM said...

Hey! Very cool heads up about BN!!! I didn't know that. And THANKS for the shout out about the jokefest!

I'm so glad blogger's back up. I think we could all use a good laugh about now~ :o) <3

Wendy G. Ewurum said...

I have missed you Rosie, so glad you back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails