For the letter Y, I received 30 suggestions. Random.org selected number 16: yorkie.
Yorkie
| Courtesy of Wiki Commons |
So, my friends, I ask you: why don't we see more animals in fiction?
Really, I'm not just talking about the MC who has a Yorkie that cuddles with him/her while s/he watches television at night. I more mean, as the main characters themselves? What precludes animals from taking a major role beyond, say, MG fiction?
I don't have any answers, and, honestly, I'd like to know your thoughts. I have a weird idea for something with ants based on a recent ant invasion in my house (I can't blame them for trying to escape the rain!). But is something like that marketable?
So, what do you think? Why don't animals make more of a prominent appearance in YA and adult literature?
2 comments:
What about Winn Dixie? Isn't that YA? BTW, I love Yorkies.
yorkies are adorable
Post a Comment