And before I begin, I want to thank Jules at Trying to Get Over the Rainbow, who inadvertently gave me the idea. This is for you!
I found it. I found the end of the rainbow. I'd been hunting for it for years, ever since my tiny Patrick was but a wee glimmer in my eye. And here it ended, dropping directly into a bush of clover, and the clover hid the pot of gold. While the gold mattered—I mean, come on, it's money—it wasn't my goal.
I set the trap, hid behind a tree, and waited.
It snaps and drops in place. The box now covers the screaming, banging leprechaun. FINALLY! I jump from behind the tree, and uncover the little bugger.
"Just take the gold, lady!" he said.
I throw off the box. "You're not Liam."
"No, miss."
"Where's Liam?" I ask. "This is his rainbow."
"That it is, that it is. He asked me to protect his gold for a few days."
Damn that little bugger Liam. He's been running from me for two years. There's a warrant out for his arrest for overdue child support. I really wanted the satisfaction of grabbing him and taking him to the police so they could throw his little green bum in jail.
"Fine," I say. "I'm taking the gold."
"Well, now wait a—"
I kick the leprechaun, and he flies like a little green American football. I grab the pot of gold, pour the contents into my purse, and trudge home. At least my tiny Patrick will get a proper dinner tonight.
Don't you hate it when you find the wrong leprechaun?

19 comments:
LOL, this was great Rosie. It made me laugh and I love that.
Whoa! I never saw that coming.
A laugh with breakfast, it doesn't get any better.
Thanks
Yes, I do. DBL, dead beat leprechauns.
Damn that Liam! Oh, that ending caught me off guard for sure! Awesome entry! Thanks for participating and you have been counted!
ROFL, yes I do hate getting the wrong leprechaun and I did. When I kicked mine though, he did not fly. Sort of hit the ground with a thud :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow
Never trust a leprechaun! Great twist to the ending. Though I didn't think leprechauns were that easy to dispatch! Have a great St. Patrick's Day. Come check out my entry, will you? Roland
*gigglesnort* You know that lephrechaun gold might just disappear on you... deadbeat leprechauns, anyway!
Liam's gonna be so pissed.
Great story! Happy Saint Patties Day to you!
I totally do not approve of kicking leprechauns, missy!
I laughed out loud at this: I kick the leprechaun, and he flies like a little green American football.
so funny...
LOL! Those sneaky scumbag leprechaun exes... An arse for sure! Ha, now I had an excuse to use that word today. Great story!
Glad you got to join us! Thanks for participating!
Love it! Getting the wrong leprechaun is such a pain!! ;)
Very funny, Rosie!
You have a great sense of humor.
those sneaky little buggers! Where is that Liam anyway??? :D <3
Ha! I do HATE it when I find the wrong leprechaun. Glad you grabbed the pot o' gold and gave him a little kick!
LOL--really enjoyed this, Rosie! Great job. Lively, funny, and complete in a short wordcount. I like the "throw his little green bum in jail" bit as well as the green American football. :)
Oh no, nothing worse than deadbeat leprechaun dads! Very unique twist on the whole catching a leprechaun plot!
Funny funny! Love the little green footbal! awesome!
Ha! This one made me laugh! "...flies like a little green American football." Nicely done. :)
Post a Comment