Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Watching Willow Watts Launch Party and Review

Congratulations to Talli Roland. Today's the launch day of her new novel, Watching Willow Watts.

In celebration, she's hosting an "If I could be anyone, I'd be..." party.

So, here goes.

Photo Credit: Leah Tannen
If I could be anyone, I would be Audrey Hepburn. Not only was she beautiful and talented, she cared deeply for the people and the world around her. She was a beautiful person, both inside and out. When I was younger, I wanted to be just like her. I even had the long cigarette holder.

Why are we talking about this? Because of the fantastic book, Watching Willow Watts, in which the main character (inadvertently) becomes a Marilyn Monroe impersonator. (Gosh, wouldn't I love for someone to decide the spirit of Audrey had been bestowed upon me and everyone thought I was the next Audrey. *swoon*)

First, I want to say that I love Talli Roland's style of story-weaving. Her creativity never ceases to amaze or amuse me. The sense of humor in each scene always keeps me laughing. Several moments in this story move toward dark humor, and maybe I'm not laughing out loud then, but I'm still entertained and ready to read more.

The story progresses through several weeks as Willow Watts struggles with her own identity and her new life as Marilyn Monroe. One of many facets of this story that make it great is Willow's strength and perseverance through these tough times. We can all take a little something from Willow's strength, which she finds within herself throughout the story.

If you like a good, fun ChickLit tale, you should definitely read this (and anything else by Talli Roland).

7 comments:

Jan Morrison said...

Rosie - I like this! You'd make a fabulous Audrey, my dear. Let's meet at Tiffany's, shall we? Actually, my niece works at Tiffany's in Toronto - and she is a funny little thing.
Talli's book sounds great...

Creepy Query Girl said...

Can't wait to read Willow and I LOVE your photo! LOL hilarious!

Talli Roland said...

What a FAB photo - I love it! Fantastic choice!

Thank you so much for taking part, and for taking the time to read and review Willow. I really appreciate your kind words, and I'm thrilled you enjoyed it. Hugs!

Carol Riggs said...

Great photo, hehe! ;o) And WWW has a great premise; can't wait to read it!

LTM said...

oh, yes yes! AH was WONDERFUL... I didn't think of her or I might've had a three-way tie.

Very cool. Talli's launches are so fun~ :o) <3

Trisha said...

Great post, love the picture! I think this is on my TBR list...and if it's not, it soon shall be!

Lisa Potts said...

Great choice! What a classy lady.

You have an award waiting for you on my blog - http://virginsheets.blogspot.com. Congrats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails