Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sabbatical

So much for being back to regular posting...

Ever notice how your mojo slows down? Even when you find the muses again, it feels like you're wading through chocolate pudding (both in the sense of slowing down and in the oh-man-I-just-want-to-eat-chocolate sense)?

How do you deal with these situations?

My plan right now is to recharge by unplugging for a while. That's right. I'm going somewhere untouched by the internet (though it does have satellite TV). Partially, it's a family reunion, but that will be over by the weekend.

My husband and I have decided to stay longer for a self-induced work retreat. He's polishing his dissertation at the moment, and went up to visit this part of the family a few weeks ago--with stellar success. So now, he wants to try and regain that momentum, and I need to get some with my writing and my freelance editing working.

All that being said, I will be on sabbatical from the blogosphere starting today until around the 22nd. Hopefully the time off will help me recharge my blogging batteries, get a jumpstart and/or finish the first part of my BuNo challenge, and get some significant hourly time in to make some summer moola.

See y'all in a couple of weeks.

15 comments:

Christine Murray said...

Sending productive thought your way! :)

Charity Bradford said...

That sounds wonderful Rosie. I'm thinking it sounds very smart too. Think I might have to copy you and do the same if I want to finish everything I planned for my June writing goals.

Have a great and productive time!

D. U. Okonkwo said...

Sounds like a great idea - always good to take some time out. Have a nice time.

Alesa Warcan said...

Enjoy your time off! : j

Jules said...

Have a safe trip and may the mojo work gods smile upon you :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Jessica Lemmon said...

Enjoy! I recently took a sabbatical from my blog. I didn't announce it (wasn't really pre-thought-out, lol) but I needed it!

Hart Johnson said...

Sounds like a pretty good plan! I will miss you, but hope you make CRAZY progress! And don't forget to shop for my birthday present. it will be almost too late by the time you get back *shifty*

Angela Felsted said...

Have fun on your sabbatical.

Sean Thomas Fisher said...

Now, that's how you have a Not Bummer Summer. That and plenty of yard darts...

Elena Solodow said...

Enjoy your time off!

Amy said...

Have a good break! :)

Talli Roland said...

Sometimes unplugging is the best way to regain your energy. Have a good break!

Tara said...

Hey, I just wanted to tell you that I posted about my blogfest last night. I know that you said you'll be gone for the next two weeks (right?) but check it out if you get the chance, and maybe you can promote it for me on your blog? Thanks!

Keep up the good writing! =D

-Tara

Natasha Hanova said...

Enjoy!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

I know this break will help tons. Sometimes I wish my mojo would slow down--it's on high overdrive that I feel overwhelmed and lost! Aak! I need to create a schedule of sorts to keep me brain organized....

Bty, you rock for joining our MC Blogfest, looking forward to reading your entry! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails