The biggest problem with trying to reorganize is that writing tends to fall to the side. I need some time when I can concentrate and sit in personal-zone silence (meaning, I can be at a coffee shop as long as no one's talking to me), but when my life is a mess, I don't generally make that time for myself.
So my plan for the long weekend (which, since I only have Mon-Wed classes, means I have until Tuesday) is to work out a schedule in which I can:
- get my homework done reasonably and without extra stress
- use extra homework time to write
- get to the gym 3-4x per week
- schedule time dedicated to working on my freelance projects
- read at least one hour per night
- write at least a couple hours every day
- have time to spend with my husband
Pulling off that schedule would be a feat of the invincible. If I can work it out still come out sane on the other side, I do believe I should transcend to superhero status.
How do you keep yourself organized? How do you find time to write if you have a job/school?