Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Note On Comments

Hey folks,
In case anyone's interested, I've been getting a lot of spam lately in my comments, so I decided to turn on the word verification. I know that many people find this feature irritating, and so I apologize. I don't plan on having it on forever, but just long enough to deter the spammers for a while.

Have a great week!

Rosie

5 comments:

Al said...

I've been having the same problem.
But most of it has been going to Blogger's spam filter so I just clean it out once or twice a week without too much hassle.

RosieC said...

I get emails sent to me whenever anyone comments, and have a tendency to get confused as to what's actually getting posted and what's spam. I'll figure it out at some point, but for now I'll leave the word verification up.

Ted Cross said...

Blogger has a spam filter? How do I find that to clean it out?

Ted Cross said...

Ah, I found it. I never knew it was there. I don't have any spam at all, though. Not popular enough!

Hart Johnson said...

I've never had much trouble with Spam even without the filter--I think most spammers have certain words they look for and certain they avoid and maybe the prevalence of 'Naked' on my blog scares them off... only get Spam messages about once a month and then, it is typically because of some keyword in a blog I've written.

I have the email set so I only get notified if it's more than a week after I post--figuring it is easy enough to check same day comments, so that seems to work too. Though I can live with verification. Lots of blogs use it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails