Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Update

I have temporarily extracted myself from cyberspace, and will be AWOL for a few more days, but I wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive and kicking.

1) Got the awesome hair treatment done, and I LOVE it! If you have hair like mine, I highly recommend the Global Keratin treatment (as well as Erin at Rocstar Hair in Chicago).

2) Drove back from Chicago in nasty, horrible snow. I was a little traumatized from the drive, but arrived home safe and in one piece. I have no desire to do any driving for a while, though.

3) My husband, my mother, and I are flying to Phoenix today to visit my in-laws for the holidays. I'm really looking forward to the break and time to eat cookies and work on writing.

4) Future blog posts will include a review of The Handbook for Lightning Strike Survivors by Michele Young-Stone (which I started in October and finally finished this week), and a review of Scrivener, which I got to use for NaNo. Preview: I loved both. Stay tuned.

5) Upcoming reading for me includes: No Place for Heroes by Laura Restrepo, Junction 2020 by Carol Riggs, The Hating Game by Talli Roland, and finishing On Writing by Stephen King. I'll post reviews of these, too, as I finish them.

What are you reading right now?

Happy Thursday, folks! :)

7 comments:

Summer Ross said...

I hope your holidays are truly magical!

reading..oh um I just started "The Thirteenth Tale" by Diane Setterfield

Carol Riggs said...

Reading? I should do some. Right now all I'm reading is someone else's novel for a critique. ;o)

Happy holidays and good luck with the traveling! Enjoy your reading.

Cold As Heaven said...

I ordered On Writing from Amazon a couple of weeks a go. Looking forward to read it, but haven't received it yet. Overseas shipping takes some time

Cold As Heaven

RosieC said...

Summer, thanks so much! The happiest of holiday wishes to you and your family as well. And happy reading.

Carol, I have plenty of that to do, too :) But that's generally as enjoyable.

CaH, international shipping can be a bear. I'd be interested to hear what you think of On Writing when you get it. The first part is an entertaining read for sure, but afterward... Well, I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Hart Johnson said...

Rosie-I'm glad you made your drive safely and love your hair! Have fabulous holidays!

Anonymous said...

It's been playing up for a few days now, showing status updates from hours and days ago and not loading properly. Victim of it's own success...
__________________
[url=http://jail-break-ps3.blogspot.com/2010/12/jail-break-ps3.html]Jail break ps3[/url]

Boonie S said...

I'm missing you already.
Have a good holiday.

All the best, Boonie

Related Posts with Thumbnails