Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Never Truly Gone - Pt. 2

If you saw last Monday's post, you know that I've been working on this multimedia, interactive story for my writing class for the past two weeks. Yesterday I blogged about the process of creating the presentation. Today, I'd like to tell you about the story itself.

We were inspired by this news article in which a father was seeking his daughter. He published the photo in the local news paper, only to find out later that she was actually in the picture. Crazy, huh?

So, after my sick mind created the puzzle board, my partner got to work making the figures. They were designed form 18guage jewelry wire, and then had clay heads, hands, and feet. The one to the right shows what they looked like pre-humanizing cray.













He also built the sets from cardboard. You can see some of the corrugated edges in pictures we used for the puzzle pieces.

Here are the pictures we used. The first two and the last two as I post them here did not move, but the 11 in between could be put in any intermediate position.


This one had dialogue bubbles of nonsense screaming coming from the top two windows.

*sigh*
Mother: You're way to over protective. I never paid enough attention to her. I was too hard on her. You were too easy on her. She always resented my looks. / Father: She never thought you cared. Maybe you should have pair a little more attention t her. I tried to protect her the best I could. I could have done more.

Father: No. / Boy: Why can't I go? / Mother: We've already lost one child. We're not gonna lose you, too.

Mom: I don't know if your sister's coming back.




Laika feels ready to go home.

Cops: "Tell us again what your daughter looks like."

Boy: If it weren't for you, she never would have left.

Look to the left of the mother's flip, and by the tree you will see our runaway.

This was a fun project. I'm glad I got to participate in it. And as much as I complained (which the people I know personally had to bear with) and as much of my own money as I spent (which, all things considered, wasn't that much), no matter what I had fun, and I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to do it. Hope you enjoyed it, too.

Thanks again to Boxcar Books for letting us hang our project there. It's gone now, but if you're in the area, be sure to stop by. It's a great public service/bookstore :)

7 comments:

Jan Morrison said...

wow! this is just the sort of insanity I adore. Please go to Grrrl+dog - http://dneese.blogspot.com/
she makes huge plastic people and puts them places (she's a guerilla knitter too).

LTM said...

this looks like a lot of fun! *snort* great job, Rosie~ :o)

maryvernau said...

So cool ( and crafty)! love it!

Cold As Heaven said...

Very creative and cool. Clay is fun >:)

Cold As Heaven

Carol Riggs said...

What a creative project! Love your little people, and that kitchen--way cute. I bet you DID have fun. ;o)

Erica Woolridge said...

This is just awesome :D I wish I had to make wire people, they look like fun!

Anonymous said...

I’ve meant to post about something like this on my webpage and you gave me an idea. Cheers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails