Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Review of Exiled

I'm super excited today to tell you about RaShelle Workman's new novel, Exiled, as a part of the Dark C.A.R.MA Blog Tour.

The Blurb (from Goodreads): Stubborn, sixteen-year-old Princess Venus of Kelari wants one thing, to become a kelvieri, that is, until someone exiles her to Earth, kills her irrihunter and takes her family.

Now she wants revenge.

First she’s got to get home. But before she can return to Kelari, the Gods have commanded her to help an arrogant boy named Michael find his soul mate. Only she doesn't know the first thing about love.

Rather quickly, her inexperience with human emotion is obscured by other matters—alien-controlled psychotic teens that are out to kill her, and a government group that is set on capturing and dissecting her.

Worst of all, Venus will suffer a painful death-by-poisoning, thanks to Earth’s atmosphere, if she remains on the planet longer than one week. Still, Venus is a Princess and she's got a plan. Surely, with her help, Michael will fall in love with a human.

But time is running out and Michael is falling for the wrong girl—her.


What a fantastic read! For days, I didn't want to put it down (though life got in the way). I found myself mentally enveloped in Venus's world, thinking about it whenever I couldn't be reading. Her journey and struggle capture the imagination long after the story ends.

Workman develops a fascinating world of upheaval and betrayal that force Venus into exile on Earth. Workman's prose donates extra flare to the story, weaving together vivid images of setting and characters. And her exceptional storytelling seizes the reader and doesn't let go.

My only complaint about this book is that it's a part of a series, and I have to wait to find out what happens next. I'm not exactly known for my patience.

Recommendation: Read this. It would make a great holiday gift for anyone who loves a good fantasy novel.




RASHELLE WORKMAN lives in Utah with her husband, three children and three dogs. When she gets a quiet moment alone, she enjoys reading about faraway places. And, in case you were wondering, yes, she does believe there is other life out in the Universe.

8 comments:

DEZMOND said...

I'm so glad about the release of Shell's first book!

RaShelle Workman said...

So glad you enjoyed it, Rosie! Thanks for hosting EXILED today. YAY!!

Talli Roland said...

Great review! This one is on my list for sure, and I can't wait to read it.

Jessica Bell said...

Go raShelle! :o) Great review, Rosie! RaShelle, I'll be in touch with you about me hosting you on my blog by end of week. As soon as I've come up from air from what is lately a chaotic existence! :o) Congrats again on your release!!!

LTM said...

Awesome! Super-great review, and hooray for RaShelle! I've got it on my Kindle and can't wait to read it! :o) <3

Alleged Author said...

This sounds awesome!! Going to put it on my list. :)

Carol Riggs said...

Nice review, and rah for RaShelle on her book release! Sounds like an intriguing book, from the summary. :)

Amy said...

Great review! This sounds like something I'd love, it is definitely being added to my TBR list. Thank you for sharing! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails