Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Life 180

Image courtesy of Housecret.com
Ever feel like everything in your life got turned on its metaphorical ear?

Our mini-vacation plans just fell through, so we don't get to go to Colorado next week. We're compensating by taking a weekend trip, but it's not quite the same.

We're moving out of this apartment in less than a month. Then we're "homeless" for a week. Then we move again into our new apartment. Yuck.

I'm under doctor's orders not to take my normal migraine medication anymore. Today makes day three of a migraine (it's probably about a 3-4/10 on the pain scale this morning, which is the only reason I can look at my computer screen), which is why some of you haven't heard from me in a while, especially if you comments on Monday's post.

My job's keeping me hopping, with several upcoming deadlines and a dissatisfied client passed on to me.

My muse took an extended summer vacation, apparently—without giving me notice, I might add—and I haven't written in a few weeks except for editing.

So, if you couldn't guess, I'm rather stressed.

What's the point of all this?

I need to take a blogging break. I need to get my life back in check and organized. So I won't be posting again until the middle of August. I'm not sure what date, yet—it will all depend on how smoothly the move goes and if I can get some of these work projects under control.

You might see me around from time to time, but I won't be posting.


Thanks for understanding, folks.

10 comments:

DEZMOND said...

hang on in there, Rosita! The sun will come after the clouds ;)

Hart Johnson said...

Urgh!!! I'm so sorry all this is raining down on you at once! I don't think it's any surprise at all you can't write with a migraine, and moving would give me a migraine too, and I don't GET migraines.

I hope you get moved, rested and caught up! See you on the flip side!

Talli Roland said...

WOW! That's a lot to happen at one time. Hugs!

Have a great break - we'll see you on the other side.

Carol Riggs said...

Take all the time you need to de-stress! Relaaaax. Wish I could come help you box stuff up and move! Hope you have some moverfriends there. Love the house photo (and of course I always love that Rosie-hair-yanking photo LOL).

Wendy. Blog Author said...

Oh my this is exactly how I felt a few weeks ago and got so desparate I asked for prayers on my blog. Take all thetime you need and we will miss you but before you go, don't forget to submit your love bit on Fabulosity Reads, my eyes are itching for it.

Natasha Hanova said...

Have you tried natural remedies for your headache. I have a character who uses homeopathy so I've been learning a lot about it lately.

I've read peppermint oil works wonders for migraines. Drop me an email, if your interested to learn more.

Wishing you less stress and more laughter.

kelworthfiles said...

Well, I've had parts of my life suddenly take a turn, but I'm not sure about anything as crazy as all that. I hope that the time off does you good.

I actually had good luck with self-hypnosis to deal with my migraines, but I did have a hypnotic coach who I could more or less trust, my brother.


If you get a chance, check out a fellow writer's zombie story and help me make him wear an embarrassing shirt next year! Details are here:
http://kelworthfiles.wordpress.com/2011/07/19/prove-the-zombies-wrong-social-platforms-can-build-readership/

Rebecca Bany said...

Good luck and best wishes!
www.rebeccabany.com

Al said...

Still not back?

Ah well, I guess it isn't quite the middle of August.

Trisha said...

Hope things are going well for you Rosie! I missed your entry for the Hate blogfest. Maybe a retro post coming up?? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails