Welcome

Welcome to my self-indulgent location for the stories (good and bad) that I can't prevent myself from writing. All comments and criticisms welcome. I post on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Luck o' the Irish SPD Blogfest

So, yeah, I decided to join the Luck o' the Irish Blogfest. I certainly waited until the last minute to make that decision, but better late than never, no? :)

And before I begin, I want to thank Jules at Trying to Get Over the Rainbow, who inadvertently gave me the idea. This is for you!


I found it. I found the end of the rainbow. I'd been hunting for it for years, ever since my tiny Patrick was but a wee glimmer in my eye. And here it ended, dropping directly into a bush of clover, and the clover hid the pot of gold. While the gold mattered—I mean, come on, it's money—it wasn't my goal.

I set the trap, hid behind a tree, and waited.

It snaps and drops in place. The box now covers the screaming, banging leprechaun. FINALLY! I jump from behind the tree, and uncover the little bugger.

"Just take the gold, lady!" he said.

I throw off the box. "You're not Liam."

"No, miss."

"Where's Liam?" I ask. "This is his rainbow."

"That it is, that it is. He asked me to protect his gold for a few days."

Damn that little bugger Liam. He's been running from me for two years. There's a warrant out for his arrest for overdue child support. I really wanted the satisfaction of grabbing him and taking him to the police so they could throw his little green bum in jail.

"Fine," I say. "I'm taking the gold."

"Well, now wait a—"

I kick the leprechaun, and he flies like a little green American football. I grab the pot of gold, pour the contents into my purse, and trudge home. At least my tiny Patrick will get a proper dinner tonight.

Don't you hate it when you find the wrong leprechaun?

Happy St. Patrick's Day!! Be sure to check out the other entries at the link above.

19 comments:

Charity Bradford said...

LOL, this was great Rosie. It made me laugh and I love that.

Mary Vaughn said...

Whoa! I never saw that coming.
A laugh with breakfast, it doesn't get any better.
Thanks

Holly Ruggiero said...

Yes, I do. DBL, dead beat leprechauns.

Colene Murphy said...

Damn that Liam! Oh, that ending caught me off guard for sure! Awesome entry! Thanks for participating and you have been counted!

Jules said...

ROFL, yes I do hate getting the wrong leprechaun and I did. When I kicked mine though, he did not fly. Sort of hit the ground with a thud :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Never trust a leprechaun! Great twist to the ending. Though I didn't think leprechauns were that easy to dispatch! Have a great St. Patrick's Day. Come check out my entry, will you? Roland

Hart Johnson said...

*gigglesnort* You know that lephrechaun gold might just disappear on you... deadbeat leprechauns, anyway!

Cheeseboy said...

Liam's gonna be so pissed.

Great story! Happy Saint Patties Day to you!

DEZMOND said...

I totally do not approve of kicking leprechauns, missy!

Lynda R Young said...

I laughed out loud at this: I kick the leprechaun, and he flies like a little green American football.
so funny...

alexia said...

LOL! Those sneaky scumbag leprechaun exes... An arse for sure! Ha, now I had an excuse to use that word today. Great story!

Glad you got to join us! Thanks for participating!

Jemi Fraser said...

Love it! Getting the wrong leprechaun is such a pain!! ;)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Very funny, Rosie!

You have a great sense of humor.

LTM said...

those sneaky little buggers! Where is that Liam anyway??? :D <3

Jennie Bailey said...

Ha! I do HATE it when I find the wrong leprechaun. Glad you grabbed the pot o' gold and gave him a little kick!

Carol Riggs said...

LOL--really enjoyed this, Rosie! Great job. Lively, funny, and complete in a short wordcount. I like the "throw his little green bum in jail" bit as well as the green American football. :)

Tracy said...

Oh no, nothing worse than deadbeat leprechaun dads! Very unique twist on the whole catching a leprechaun plot!

HowLynnTime said...

Funny funny! Love the little green footbal! awesome!

mybluescreen said...

Ha! This one made me laugh! "...flies like a little green American football." Nicely done. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails