Welcome to my entry for the Bernard Pivot Blogfest! hosted by Nicole Ducleroir at One Significant Moment in Time.
1. What's your favorite word?I go through phases—frequently—but I would have to say right now the word is OBNOXIOUS. :) I'm also really enjoying CHUTZPAH and SLEW right now. Come on. Say it with me. SLEW.... How fun is that? :)
2. What's your least favorite word?SPRZĄTAĆ.** It's the verb in Polish meaning "to clean" and no matter what I do, no matter how long I study Polish, I can't wrap my tongue around it. A close second is any word in Welsh with "ll" in the middle. I'm sorry, folks, but I have to think too hard to make that sound.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?Music. I tend to have different music associated with different characters or different scenes, and completely different playlists for different WIPs (WsIP?). I recently returned to an old WIP for serious re-vision. Walking to school, I turned on the old playlist, and the world of the story came flooding back in seconds.
And squirrels. I kinda love squirrels :)
4. What turns you off?Robotic monotony. There are some automatic tasks that don't bother me, but only for limited amounts of time. One of my many daily tasks involves doing something so monotonous that my mind turns to mush, and it's very hard to get the creative juices flowing again afterward.
5. What is your favorite curse word?SPRICK. It's from one of my WIPs (WsIP?). It's strong, in the same vein as sh*t or so.
6. What sound or noise do you love?The pitter-patter of little squirrels running across my roof while I'm working my my attic-converted upstairs study.
7. What sound or nose to you hate?Car alarms. Seriously, folks, they're not deterring anyone. They're not getting anyone to call the cops and save your poor little BMW. It's just ticking me off.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?Would it be silly and cliché of me to say something like ACTOR? I've always had an obscene fascination with Hollywood. Oddly enough, though, I have no desire to write screenplays. Go figure...
9. What profession would you not like to do?Anything where people's emotional or physical well-being is in my hands: doctor, psychologist, etc. It's too much pressure.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?"Come on in."
**If you want to hear it, go to http://www.ivona.com, click the Polish flag on the left (white and red), copy the word into the box and click Play. I think you'll understand, unless you speak Polish.
If you didn't enter the Blogfest, do you have any answers you'd like to share? I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on these. :)