Me = Giddy :)
So, I'm holding a little celebration at East For Green Eyes, and I hope you'll participate. I'll make it worth your while, I promise.
Also, I have no idea what I'm doing. But you'll enjoy it nonetheless, no?
What Can You Win?
Indecisive me. I have a few different things to offer, but I couldn't decide what was most valuable. Plus, I have both reader followers and writer followers, each with different priorities. So here are the possibilities.
A signed copy of The Handbook for Lightning Strike Survivors by Michele Young-Stone.
A signed copy of Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick.
A chapter critique from me. This does not have to be a first chapter as long as it is accompanied by a summary of the action thus far (which can be highly informal).
A 5-page or query critique from me.
Choice of two Vosges Chocolate Bars. Subject to availability at my local grocer. No promises the chocolate making it in one piece though international shipping.
- You must be a follower. +2 pts for old followers—i.e., you clicked the happy "follow" button before I published this post. +1 pt for new followers.
- To participate, leave me a comment and tell me (briefly—max 20 words?) about the awesomeness that is YOU!
- In your comment, rank what you would like 1st, 2nd, etc. The first place winner will get their top choice, and then the top-most choice for the other winners.
- This is not limited to US and Canadian residents. You're all cool. I can manage the postage :)
- Tweet for extra points. 1pt per Tweet, maximum 3. Please include @rosieanabelle in your Tweet, and leave me a link below.
- Give my contest a shout-out in a blog post = +4 pts. (and leave me a link)
- Side bar announcement about the contest = +2 pts. (and leave me a link)
- Okay, folks, here's the kicker. My blog doesn't have a very writerly title. It doesn't include the word "write" or "edit" or my name. It references a song lyric. Chances are good that said song lyric has something to do with my writing (I'd say 99.99999% with a .00001% margin of error). I'm not asking you to guess, because that would take away the mystery, but for +10 extra points, you can write a short story (of no more than 500 words) that includes the phrase "east for green eyes" that is NOT from the song lyric. Email your story to me at rlconnolly01(at)gmail(dot)com. PLEASE include the story IN-LINE. Attachments will NOT be read and you will not get the points for your beautiful creative efforts.
Okay, for the record, when you first enter these things, you haven't Tweeted and you haven't side-barred and you haven't blogged, and that's cool. When/if you do, just come back and leave me another comment with your links. If you just want to enter and not do any of the extras, that's cool, too. Just leave me a comment.
The contest will close at midnight EST on Friday, 17 Sept. Winners will be announced on Monday, 20 Sept.
Good luck! And thanks for following! :)